If you're planning a trip to Pune and have only 2 days to explore this vibrant city, don't worry! Pune has a lot to offer, from historical landmarks to cultural experiences and delicious food. To make the most of your two-day visit, here is a list of the top 5 things to do in Pune.
1. Explore the Aga Khan Palace: Start your Pune adventure by visiting the famous Aga Khan Palace. This historical landmark played a significant role in India's freedom struggle and is a must-visit for history buffs. The palace is known for its architectural beauty and sprawling gardens, providing a serene atmosphere. Inside the palace, you'll find a museum that showcases various artifacts and photographs from the Indian independence movement. Spend some time exploring the palace and learning about its historical importance.
2. Wander through the streets of Koregaon Park: Koregaon Park is Pune's hippest area, known for its trendy cafes, upscale boutiques, and vibrant nightlife. Take a leisurely stroll through the streets and soak in the lively atmosphere. You'll find a wide variety of eateries serving delicious food from around the world. Don't miss out on some of the popular cafes and restaurants such as German Bakery, Dario's, and Kayani Bakery, where you can indulge in mouthwatering pastries, sandwiches, and desserts. After satisfying your taste buds, explore the boutiques and art galleries in the area, offering unique and eclectic finds. The lively nightlife of Koregaon Park is another attraction, with bars, lounges, and clubs hosting live music gigs and DJ nights. Dance the night away or simply enjoy a drink while soaking in the vibrant atmosphere.
3. Visit Shaniwar Wada: No visit to Pune is complete without a trip to Shaniwar Wada, the historic fort that was once the seat of the Peshwa rulers. This magnificent structure is an architectural marvel of the Maratha Empire and is famous for its grand entrance gates, intricate carvings, and beautiful gardens. Take a guided tour of the fort to learn about its rich history and the stories associated with it. Don't miss the sound and light show that takes place in the evenings, bringing the fort's history to life with visual effects and narrations.
4. Explore the Osho International Meditation Resort: Located in the tranquil Koregaon Park area, the Osho International Meditation Resort offers a unique experience for those seeking inner peace and relaxation. The resort provides a serene and calm environment for meditation and self-reflection. You can participate in various meditation sessions and workshops conducted by experienced instructors. The beautiful gardens and meditation facilities make it an ideal place to unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul.
5. Take a trip to Sinhagad Fort: If you're a nature lover and enjoy hiking, a trip to Sinhagad Fort is a must. Located on a hilltop about 30 kilometres from Pune, this fort offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. The trek to the fort is moderately challenging, but the panoramic views and the historical significance of the fort make it worth it. Don't forget to pack some snacks and water as there are no eating establishments on the way. Once you reach the top, explore the fort's ruins, visit the temples, and soak in the rich history of the Maratha Empire.
Apart from visiting the above locations, no visit to Pune is complete without indulging in its delectable street food. From the iconic vada pav to the mouthwatering bhel puri and the spicy misal pav, the street food scene in Pune is diverse and delicious. Head to JM Road or FC Road where you'll find numerous food stalls and small eateries serving up these local favourites. Don't forget to try the famous Mastani, a thick shake topped with ice cream and garnished with dry fruits. Pune's street food is a true culinary delight that will leave you wanting more.
For a perfect leisure or business trip to Pune, a comfortable and centrally located hotel accommodation is important and that is where, Ginger Hotels with 2 hotels located in Pune offer some of the best budget hotels in Pune providing a perfect comfortable and affordable hotel option.
Ginger Hotels, a national chain of hotels and a brand of Indian Hotels, seamlessly blends modernity, comfort, convenience, and affordability to provide an exceptional experience. Ginger Pune Wakad is strategically located on the Mumbai-Pune Highway and perfectly cater to those seeking the best budget hotels near Hinjewadi. Ginger Pune Pimpri is located in the manufacturing hub of Pimpri and is especially suited to those seeking best budget hotels in Pimpri Pune.
Ginger Hotels excel in providing modern hotels with a host of amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Both the Ginger Hotels in Pune provides travellers with well-designed modern hotels equipped with modern amenities including comfortable beds, air conditioning, modern bathrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi ensuring a refreshing stay with friends and family. With Qmin Wakad Pune, guests have a choice to embark on a culinary adventure with a delightful fusion of delectable cuisine and invigorating ambience making it one of the best trending restaurants and cafes in Pune.
With Ginger Hotels as your hotel choice in Pune, you can relax and rejuvenate in a comfortable atmosphere with a perfect blend of convenience, comfort, and affordability to make your stay in Jamshedpur truly memorable.
In conclusion, while two days may not be enough to fully explore all that Pune has to offer, these top 5 things to do will give you a taste of the city's history, culture, and culinary delights. Whether you're a history buff, a nature lover, or simply seeking relaxation, Pune has something for everyone. So pack your bags, plan your itinerary, and get ready for your memorable Pune experience.