Visakhapatnam also popularly known as Vizag is known for its many beaches and is one of India's largest and fastest growing smart cities contributing a very significant 9% to the Indian economy. The city is situated between the mountainous meadows of Eastern Ghats and the serene seashores of Bay of Bengal. This makes Vishakhapatnam as one of the most toured cities in India. The calming coasts and the lush hills impart Vizag its tourist charm. It is nicknamed as ‘The City of Destiny' and ‘The Jewel of the East Coast'.
History of the beautiful city of Visakhapatnam dates to 500 B.C when it was under the rule of Kalinga Kings. Before its conquest of Vijyanagara Kingdom in the 15th century, the city saw various cultures and kinship of Kings under Chalukya Dynasty, Pallava Dynasty and Chola Dynasty. The city was captured by Mughals in the 16th century followed by a rich French rule until it came under the British rule in the 18th century.
This modern-historic city has a lot to offer to its explorers, however, let us have a look at top 10 places to visit in Visakhapatnam in a 3 day itinerary! While visiting Vizag you can visit:
1. BORRA CAVES situated 1400 metres above the sea level with natural formations of Stalagmite and Stalactite are a treat to the eyes. This is an ideal location for an easy trek.
2. RISHIKONDA/RUSHIKONDA BEACH is a stunning seashore with its sparkling waters and golden sand. It is because of the beauty of this beach that Vishakhapatnam is also known as ‘The Jewel of the East Coast'.
3. SUBMARINE MUSEUM is the only Submarine museum in Asia located on the Ramakrishna beach.
4. KAILASAGIRI is an attractive hill-top with breath-taking views of the sea.
5. YARADA BEACH is situated amidst luscious greenery of the coconut trees and is a quiet beach to spend some me-time by the waves.
6. RAMAKRISHNA BEACH is one of the most popular beaches of Vishakhapatnam and provides a great location for strolling by the sea with a panoramic view of the horizon.
7. LAWSON BAY BEACH is a secluded soothing extension of Ramakrishna beach.
8. DOLPHIN'S NOSE gives the most scenic cityscapes and riverscapes of this beautiful city.
9. MATSYADARSHINI AQUARIUM homes countless unique species of fresh and salty waters.
10. VUDA PARK is a musical waterfall which is very popular tourist location.
With a beautiful coastline to boast of, Vizag offers water sports as well as trekking to the hill tops. Apart from this, if you wish to visit Vishakhapatnam's religious shrines, you can look up to Bavikonda, Thotlakonda, Bojjannakonda, Ross Hill Church, Simhachalam Temple, and much more.
And is there a vacation without shopping? Vishakhapatnam is famous for silk saris and more. Besides a fair number of malls, the real fun lies in traditional shopping from the city's famous bazaars. Some of the tourist favourite shopping sprees are Waltair Uplands Road, Jagdamba Junction, CMR Central and Lepakshi Emporium.
We can guarantee that your vacation to Vizag/Vishakhapatnam will not be a boring one. The city has a lot to offer its explorers. From mountains to meadows to mighty seas and beaches, Vishakhapatnam has it all.
In conclusion, a visit to Visakhapatnam, lovingly known as Vizag, promises a captivating experience for travelers seeking natural beauty, historical significance, and cultural immersion while offering the finest 3-star hotels in Gajuwaka. This enchanting city, nestled between the Eastern Ghats and the Bay of Bengal, boasts picturesque beaches like Rishikonda and Yarada, where golden sands meet sparkling waters. With religious shrines, vibrant bazaars, the warmth of its people, and the best budget hotels in Gajuwaka Visakhapatnam, Vizag truly lives up to its monikers of 'The City of Destiny' and 'The Jewel of the East Coast'. A vacation here guarantees an unforgettable journey of discovery and serenity.
Enjoy your Vizag escapes with comfortable stays at Ginger Hotel Gajuwaka which is a newly opened hotel as well as Ginger Hotel Dwarka Nagar which are the some of the best hotels to stay in Visakhapatnam. So, walk out to city and nature adventures while returning back to snugging beds with Ginger Hotels.