- View Profile
The city of Chennai is the most famous holiday destination for those who love the tropical weather and also enjoy exploring the cultural heritage of South India. This metropolitan city is an urban oasis which offers many exciting activities to indulge in. Chennai will not disappoint you with its picturesque landscape and an enthralling urban lifestyle.
Here is a list of the top 5 things to do on your Chennai Trip:
1. If you are in Chennai then you cannot miss on the culinary delights of this city. From authentic Murugan Idli Kadai to Chicken Chettinad, you can try a variety of mouth-watering local delicacies which will add new flavors to your regular palate.
2. Marina beach, with a coastline stretching 13 kms is a must visit place for anyone who is visiting Chennai. The calming sensation one experiences on a beach side while the sea waves softly touch their feet cannot be compared to anything else. You must definitely spend an evening at Marina beach to make memories that will last you a lifetime.
3. Pondy Bazaar is a paradise for shopping enthusiasts. Take a day out for just shopping to your heart's content as you roam around this pocket friendly market. You will find nearly everything here so you can buy local artifacts for your friends as a souvenir of your trip to Chennai.
4. If you have a spiritual or religious inclination then you must visit Kapaleeshwarar Temple,a multicolor temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is an excellent example of Daravidian architecture and stands as an epitome of beauty.
5. Chennai is known for its deep connect to local and heritage cultures and its colourful culture is best embraced in Mylapore which is regarded as the cultural hub of Chennai with history going back by 1500 years. Mylapore provides its visitors a whole gamut of experiences from beautiful temples to authentic South Indian cuisine to shopping.
6. Apart from the above there are a lot of places to visit in Chennai but some of them mentioned here are a must visit which you absolutely cannot miss. These include Fort St. George, built during the colonial times which offers great information about our past; Theosophical society's Huddlestone Garden with lush greenery and peaceful environment and a lot more.
So pack your bags, book a nice hotel and get ready to delve into an amazing experience in this wonderful city. If you are looking for an accommodation which is easily reachable then you can book your stay at Ginger Chennai Vadapalani or Ginger Chennai IITM Tharamani which are both located at convenient locations in close proximity to major attractions and business hubs.