Planning a trip to Patna? Whether you're organising an itinerary for your vacation or heading there for a business affair, we've got you covered. From the best ancient monuments and historic sites, bustling markets, and vibrant nightlife, we've put together everything you need to know in this article. So sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and allow us to be your guide to this fascinating and vibrant city.
Patna, the capital city of Bihar, the land of monasteries, is a city deeply rooted in history and rich in culture. Located in the eastern part of India, this city is known for its warmth, hospitality, and diverse population.
As you wander through the bustling streets of Patna, you'll be struck by the unique blend of ancient and modern architecture that coexists side by side. From the ancient ruins of Pataliputra to the modern skyscrapers that dot the skyline, Patna is a city that is constantly evolving and adapting to the times.
But it's not just the architecture that makes Patna special; it's the people who call it home. Patna is a melting pot of cultures, with people from all over India and beyond living and working together in harmony. Whether you're a local or a visitor, you'll be greeted with warmth and kindness, and you'll quickly find that the people of Patna are among the friendliest and most welcoming in the world.
One of the things that sets Patna apart from other cities in India is its vibrant street life. Everywhere you go, you'll find vendors selling delicious street food, musicians playing traditional music, and artisans creating beautiful handicrafts. It's a city that is full of energy and vitality, and it's impossible not to be swept up in the excitement.
And then there's the history. Patna has a rich and storied past that dates back thousands of years, and you can see evidence of this history everywhere you look. From the ancient ruins of Pataliputra to the stunning Mahavir Mandir, there are countless reminders of Patna's illustrious past.
But perhaps the thing that makes Patna truly special is the sense of community that permeates every aspect of life here. Whether you're attending a local festival, exploring a historic site, or simply enjoying a cup of tea with friends, you'll feel a deep sense of belonging and connection to the people around you. It's a feeling that is hard to describe, but once you experience it, you'll never forget it.
So welcome to Patna, a city that is full of surprises, delights, and wonders. Whether you're here for a day or a month, you'll find that Patna is a city that captures your heart and leaves an indelible mark on your memories of good times. Here is a list of "Top Things to Do in & Around Patna" to begin your expedition with; better put them on your bucket list right away.
• Visit the Mahavir Mandir - This is one of the most popular religious destinations in Patna and a must-visit for those interested in Hinduism. The temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman and is famous for its beautiful architecture and vibrant atmosphere. As a local, I can tell you that the temple is especially lively during festivals such as Diwali and Navratri.
• Explore the Patna Museum - This museum houses a vast collection of artefacts from Bihar's rich history, including sculptures, paintings, and pottery. Visitors can learn about the Mauryan and Gupta empires that once ruled the region and see artefacts from the Indus Valley Civilization. One of my favourite exhibits is the one dedicated to the state's tribal cultures.
• Walk around Gandhi Maidan - This large park is located in the heart of Patna and is a great place to take a stroll or have a picnic. It's also the site of many political rallies and protests, so it's a good place to get a sense of Bihar's political climate.
• Take a boat ride on the Ganges - The Ganges River is an integral part of life in Patna, and taking a boat ride is a great way to see the city from a different perspective. You'll pass by historical sites such as the Mahatma Gandhi Setu, which is the longest river bridge in India.
• Visit the Patna Planetarium - This is one of the largest planetariums in Asia and is a great place to learn about astronomy and space science. They have a range of shows, from simple presentations to more interactive experiences. As a child, I remember being in awe of the stars and planets during a visit here.
• Explore the ruins of Pataliputra - This ancient city was once the capital of the Mauryan Empire and is now a fascinating archaeological site. Visitors can see the remains of palaces, temples, and other structures from over 2,000 years ago. It's a great place to connect with the rich history of Bihar.
• Visit the Nalanda University ruins - Nalanda was once one of the world's most renowned universities, and the ruins of its sprawling campus are a testament to its legacy. Visitors can see the remains of monasteries, temples, and libraries, as well as a giant statue of the Buddha. It's a place that inspires awe and curiosity.
• Shop at Patna's markets - The city has several vibrant markets where visitors can find everything from spices and textiles to electronics and jewelry. The Patna Market and the Hathua Market are especially popular, and bargaining is a must. As a local, I love exploring these markets for unique finds and great deals.
• Take a food tour - Patna is famous for its delicious cuisine, and taking a food tour is a great way to experience the local flavours. From samosas and chaat to litti chokha and bhelpuri, there are countless tasty treats to try. As a foodie, I can tell you that the street food scene in Patna is unparalleled.
• Visit the Takht Sri Patna Sahib - This gurudwara is a holy site for Sikhs and is the birthplace of Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Sikh guru. Visitors can learn about Sikh history and culture and see the impressive architecture of the gurudwara. As a local, I have a deep respect for the Sikh community and their contributions to the city.
And that's pretty much it. Patna is a vibrant city with plenty to see and explore. However, to truly make the most of your trip and explore carefree, it's essential to have a comfortable accommodation at a convenient location and that's where Ginger Patna is one of the best budget hotels in Patna, that offers a comfortable stay and a great location.
Ginger Patna is one of the best value hotels in Patna, offering guests a comfortable and affordable stay in the heart of the city. With its convenient location, it's the perfect choice for travellers who want to explore all that Patna has to offer.
The hotel's prime location makes it an ideal choice for travellers. The railway station is just 0.9 kilometres away, the bus station is only 1 kilometre away, and the airport is just 6 kilometres away. That means you can easily explore the city's attractions and return to the hotel to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing.
When you check into Ginger Patna, you'll find a range of amenities designed to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. The hotel rooms are equipped with luxurious mattresses, air-conditioning, high-speed WiFi access, and a 40-inch LED TV with international channels. You can enjoy a hot shower with 24-hour hot and cold water, and make yourself a cup of tea or coffee with the in-room tea and coffee maker.
One of the highlights of staying at Ginger Patna is the hotel's commitment to sustainability. The hotel is designed to be eco-friendly, with features like energy-efficient lighting, low-flow showerheads, and a recycling programme. By staying at Ginger Patna, you can enjoy a comfortable stay while also doing your part to protect the environment.
If you're planning a trip to Patna, Ginger Patna should be at the top of your list of hotels in Patna. With its comfortable rooms, convenient location, and commitment to sustainability, it's the perfect choice for travellers who want to explore the city without breaking the bank.
And if you're looking for a special offer, Ginger Patna launches several promotions from time to time that you can take advantage of. All in all, if you want to stay at one of the best hotels in Patna without breaking the bank, Ginger Patna is the perfect choice. With its comfortable rooms, convenient location, and commitment to sustainability, it's the perfect place to stay while you explore all that Patna has to offer.
So why wait? Book your stay at Ginger Patna today and experience the best of Patna in style and comfort!
Ginger Patna is a well-situated hotel near Patna Station, making it a convenient choice for travelers visiting the city. As a budget-friendly option, it offers a comfortable budget hotel near Patna museum, a popular attraction. With its affordable rates and modern amenities, Ginger Patna ensures a pleasant stay for guests. Explore the rich history and cultural heritage of Patna, visit nearby landmarks like Golghar and Mahavir Mandir, or indulge in local cuisine. Whether for business or leisure, Ginger Patna provides a convenient base for travelers. Experience comfort and affordability at Ginger Patna, your ideal budget hotel near Patna Museum and Patna Station.